In today's episode Jessica addresses two listener questions regarding eating sugar free and/or low carb treats and what sweeteners are okay to eat and the other regarding what oils/fats to use and how to cook with them.
Here is a quick list of what she discusses:
- Erythritol (she likes "Swerve" and a "Steviva Brands" which is a stevia/erythritol blend)
- Stevia (Steviva Brands and Sweet Leaf are trusted brands)
- Monk Fruit and Monk Fruit blends
Stay away from Sucralose (Splenda), Aspartame, Sacchrin (and others talked about in the podcast) as these are all chemically produced and raise blood glucose and/or wreck our gut microbiome when consumed regulary.
- Coconut Oil
- Grass Fed Butter
- Grass Fed Beef Tallow
- Pastured Pork Lard (Bacon Reserves)
- Avocado Oil
- Olive Oil
- Duck Fat
- Others mentioned in podcast
- Any "vegetable" oils (which are actually all seed or legume oils):
- canola oil
- corn oil
- sunflower oil
- peanut oil
- safflower oil
- And many more mentioned in the podcast
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to leave a 5 star review on iTunes you can be entered into Jessica's drawing to win a HUGE basket of Keto products (over $100 value!).
Just leave the review and send Jessica an email letting her know you did and what the name was you left the review under. When she picks a winner she will be able to reach out to you to let you know you have won and get a mailing address! Thank you so much for listening to this podcast and sharing your review so that others on the keto journey can find it too